Thursday, January 15, 2009

Paper Clay

For our Tuesday activity, it has now gone from:
Playdoh to...
Magic Mush to...
Paper Clay!

First, you to put 2 cups of construction paper
into a bowl.

Just like this!

Then you add 4 cups of warm water to a blender.

Add your construction bits in,
and blend thoroughly to a pulp.

After you squeeze all the water out.
Then you add 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of water.
And mix until your face looks like this.

Lastly, you sculpt your Paper Clay and
then let it dry for 1-2 days.
I'm pretty sure that the "Crazy Hair" had
something to do with how well this worked out.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

That looks like a fun idea. I have never heard of it. We will have to try it on our side of town. Love all the colors.

Unknown said...

Lori-I love reading about your creativity. No matter how badly I hope, I never see a picture of Dave "magic mushing" or "paper claying". I know he is really good at it, so show us......Be proud of his abilities!

Unknown said...

I am well aware of Dave's abilities, he just isn't as photogenic. I'll do better to blog about his amazing stunts and tricks on the 20th... stay tuned!

Unknown said...

Sorry Quinton, David wouldn't let me take a picture of him doing what he does a lot... SLEEPING!